- Part time, film and video editor
- The editor will produce virtual EnActe theatrical content – cine plays and short films, marketing and training videos and EnActe School of Drama content.
- 20-25 hours per week
- Working with the EnActe Arts production team to produce cine plays and virtual theatrical productions and possibly, short films.
- Working with the marketing manager to create marketing and advertising videos for EnActe’s productions, programs and organization. This may include trailers, ads and promotional material.
- Working with the director of the EnActe School of Drama to create marketing and advertising videos for EnActe’s various education programs. This also includes final basic edits on students’ video projects.
- Developing in-house training videos for workflows and processes.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply: Fill out the form below or send in your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If emailing, please state: Application for Video Editor Position in the subject line
Please explain, in brief, your motivation in working for EnActe Arts, and attach a current resume with all relevant experience listed.
EnActe Arts is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Start date is immediate.
- The candidate must have their own computer editing system with a graphics card capable of handling 4K video editing and export.
- A professional attitude with acute attention to detail
- Knowledge of the methods, practices, techniques, materials, tools and equipment used in video editing
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills with a demonstrated ability to work with a diverse and distributed team.
GOOD TO HAVE
- One to three years of experience working as a video editor in a theatre or film context.
- Competency in editing workflow using Adobe Creative Cloud (Candidates that do not use Adobe Creative Cloud but another equivalent software may be considered, but knowledge of Adobe is highly recommended)
- Video editing (using Adobe Premiere Pro)
- Exporting (through Adobe Media Encoder)
- Knowledge of basic VFX including chromakey (using Adobe Premiere Pro or Adobe AfterEffects)
- Knowledge of basic color grade including brightness/contrast adjustment, curves adjustment, hls adjustment, and letterboxing (using Adobe Premiere Pro or Adobe AfterEffects)
- Basic sound editing skills (noise reduction, volume normalization) in Adobe audition
- Basic knowledge of legality surrounding usage of royalty-free music, sound effects, and video.